Monday, February 22, 2010

What I Like About Monday, So Far

One of our largest PITA (that ain't bread) users is giving a presentation in a conference room with her laptop hooked up to the projector in there. A large part of her show is to play a DVD for the people, no doubt the most intelligent part of the whole disaster. So, she starts playing the DVD, and there's no sound. Hm. Leave the room, run and get Me.

Have you ever played this DVD in this computer before? No. Any DVD? No. Of course this is 1-1/2 hours into a 2-hour dog&pony joke, I'm in there with 35 babbling audience members watching me trying to figure out why Windoze Media Player won't squeeze sound out of this disc.

Personally, I like to make sure stuff is going to work BEFORE I'm in front of the audience, but that's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment